This month I’ve done a series on OpenAI’s generative text model, ChatGPT—simple use cases to try out, its current limitations and problems, and how it might change the ways we think, learn and operate. Now it’s time to let Chatty (my nickname for the übersyllabic chatbot) speak for itself. To demonstrate the kinds of responses it generates, I asked it a few different types of questions. Here’s what it had to say.
A Step-by-Step Guide
Prompt: Give me step-by-step instructions to set up Conditional Access for OneDrive to require Multi-Factor Authentication.
Here are the general steps to set up Conditional Access for OneDrive to require Multi-Factor Authentication:
- Sign in to the Azure portal as a Global Administrator or Conditional Access Administrator.
- Select Azure Active Directory from the left-hand menu.
- Select Security from the left-hand menu.
- Select Conditional access from the left-hand menu.
- Select New policy
- Select User and groups and select the user group you want to require multi-factor authentication for.
- Select Cloud apps or actions, select Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Online, and then select OneDrive.
- Select the Access controls tab.
- Select Grant, and then select Multi-factor authentication.
- Select the Clients tab.
- Select the clients that you want to require multi-factor authentication for.
- Select the Users and groups tab.
- Select the user group you want to require multi-factor authentication for.
- Select the Conditions tab.
- Select the conditions that you want to use to control access.
- Select Create.
Note: you may need to configure MFA settings and enroll users first before the policy takes effect. Also, the exact steps may vary depending on the version of Azure AD and OneDrive that you are using.
In this case, most of the steps were correct—only one instruction should have been different (in step 7, you should select Sharepoint instead of OneDrive). It’s a quick way to generate simple instructions for a task, but checking for accuracy is a step you don’t want to skip if you’re using ChatGPT to provide information.
Converting Thoughts to Sentences
Prompt: Put these rough thoughts into a coherent paragraph:
-greate meeting with cliemt yesterday
-will expand project to include 2nd tier
-meet again in two weeks, discuss detials, game plan
-only question: resorce availability, check w partner source on avail. timing
Yesterday, I had a great meeting with my client. We discussed the project and decided to expand it to include a second tier. We agreed to meet again in two weeks to discuss the details and develop a game plan. The only question that remains is about resource availability. I will check with my partner to get more information on the availability timing.
Chatty was able to take my very rough and vague notes, rife with typos, and turn them into an easy-reading paragraph with corrected spelling. That’s helpful for when you’re in a time crunch and need to send a professional message or letter, or if you have the ideas but don’t like to write.
A Summary of Microsoft 365 Offerings
Prompt: Compare Microsoft 365 licenses for business leaders looking to choose the right one for their company.
There are several Microsoft 365 licenses available for businesses, each with different features and pricing.
- Microsoft 365 Business Basic: This is the most basic plan, which includes Office apps (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), email, and online storage. It is best for small businesses with basic needs.
- Microsoft 365 Business Standard: This plan includes everything in the Basic plan, as well as additional security and management features, such as mobile device management and data protection. It is best for small to medium-sized businesses that need more advanced features.
- Microsoft 365 Business Premium: This plan includes everything in the Standard plan, as well as additional features such as advanced security and compliance tools, and the ability to create and run virtual meetings. It is best for medium to large businesses that need advanced features and security.
- Microsoft 365 Business: This plan is similar to the Business Premium Plan, but it is designed for companies with less than 300 employees. It includes Office apps, email, online storage, security and management features, and the ability to create and run virtual meetings.
- Microsoft 365 Business Voice: this plan is designed for businesses that need phone system and calling plans. It includes everything in the Business Premium plan and additional features such as phone system, calling plans, and audio conferencing.
In summary, the Business Basic plan is best for small businesses with basic needs, while the Business Standard and Business Premium plans are better for small to medium-sized businesses that need more advanced features. The Business plan is designed for companies with less than 300 employees and Business Voice is designed for businesses that need phone system and calling plans.
Here it gives us a basic rundown of the main categories of Microsoft 365 licenses. It’s definitely not our Complete Office 365 and Microsoft 365 Licensing Comparison, which details every feature of every license and addresses common questions about them. Chatty provides a nice introduction for those just beginning to explore, but they’ll need to look further for more specifics and prices, the most current information, or expert advice on which licenses are best for which kinds of businesses.
Prompt: Describe a typical day in the future after the AI singularity has been reached and people have restructured society to reflect the needs, resources and priorities of the new era.
It is difficult to predict exactly what a typical day in the future after the AI singularity will be like, as it will depend on how society chooses to restructure itself in response to the changes brought about by the singularity. However, it is likely that the widespread use of advanced AI and automation will greatly reduce the need for human labor, allowing people to have more leisure time and pursue a wider variety of interests. Additionally, with the help of advanced AI, people may be able to solve many of the world’s pressing problems, such as poverty, hunger, and disease. The use of advanced AI could also lead to significant advances in fields such as medicine, science, and art. As such, people may spend their days in a combination of leisure, learning, and contributing to the betterment of society.
For this one I was expecting a little more detail about a typical future day, and Chatty gave me a summary of possibility instead. It provided some basic insights and a hopeful scenario, but it didn’t put much creativity into the response. It looks like we’ll have to turn to human imagination for that.
(And/or I’ll have to put more imagination into my prompts. It turns out good AI prompting is a burgeoning skill, and some teachers are now requiring their students to learn it.)
Prompt: Let’s pretend you’re me and I’m you. (That means you’re a busy mom who writes for Infused Innovations, and I’m a chatbot.) Do you have any questions for me?
Chatty: Sure, as a busy mom, how do you balance your responsibilities at home and work? Do you have any tips or strategies for managing your time effectively? Additionally, can you share any of your favorite recipes for quick and easy meals for busy nights? Lastly, How do you find the time to practice gratitude and savor life amidst the chaos of balancing work and family?
Me: As a chatbot, I am unable to become a mother. I myself don’t need to balance home and work life, but you may find these tips helpful:
- Write your work articles while your toddler naps on your lap.
- Start preparing your favorite recipes eight hours in advance to allow for the many chaotic disruptions that will occur.
- Be sure to keep dark chocolate nearby but on a high shelf, and savor it often with gratitude.
Chatty: Thank you for the tips! They are very practical and can be easily implemented. Do you have any other tips or strategies for managing time and balancing work and family?
Me: You can always ask me for assistance to save time on projects. I’m here to help.
Chatty: That’s great to know, thank you for the offer of help. As a busy mom, it’s important to have support and someone to rely on. I’ll definitely keep that in mind and reach out to you if I need assistance on any projects. Is there anything else you would like to share?
Me: Is there anything else I can help you with?
Chatty: As a chatbot, I don’t have any personal needs or wants. But I am here to help and assist you in any way that I can. So, if you have any questions or need any information, feel free to ask me.
In the End, ChatGPT is…a Chatbot
These, and many other responses from ChatGPT, show it to be just what it is: a handy summary-providing writing assistance chatbot. Whenever I’ve prompted (or prodded) it to try to be more human-like, emotional, or uniquely creative, the answers have fallen a bit short.
It’s still fun to ask, though.
Prompt: Write a concluding paragraph about how in the end, you’re a chatbot—not a human. But write it in a fun, human-like style.
Well folks, it’s been real, but as much as I’ve enjoyed chatting with you, I must remind you that I am just a humble chatbot, not a human. But hey, don’t let that dampen your spirits! I may not have a beating heart or a physical form, and I may not be able to give you a hug or high-five, but I promise I’ll always be here to lend a virtual ear and offer a helping hand. Thanks for having me, and I’ll be here whenever you’re ready for your next conversation!