The last of our four Compliance Accelerators is one that will help your organization automate information lifecycle management. It’s the final part of a well-structured process for good compliance and governance at your company. This follows our other three accelerators in this series:
- Build an Information Governance Strategy
- Identify Sensitive Data and Risks
- Satisfy Regulatory Compliance and Privacy Requirements
This final Compliance Accelerator takes all of the information and priorities established in the previous steps and streamlines the management going forward. Although it is the culmination of the other accelerators, organizations that have already done the preceding steps and now want to automate their processes are welcome to utilize this accelerator on its own. Here’s what’s included in this service package.
Make Compliance and Governance Easier… Automate it
Automation is great because it takes the headache away and saves so much time and effort. Focus on other things you’d rather do while your compliance processes run on their own! Many organizations need help getting over the initial hurdle of setting up the automation, though. That’s where we (and this Compliance Accelerator) come in.
We’ll utilize and explain automation resources that you can take advantage of for your compliance and governance. These tools are helpful in several ways:
You can use them to auto-classify the data you work with. This means that the tools can automatically scan the data and classify it based on its sensitivity. This is important because different types of data require different levels of protection—for example, personal information, such as social security numbers, require higher levels of protection than other types of information like marketing materials. Automation can help organizations ensure that the appropriate level of protection is applied to each type of data, reducing the risk of data breaches and non-compliance.
Automating can also help you protect against risks based on their sensitivity classifications. After identifying sensitive data, automated tools can help organizations enforce access controls and data handling policies to ensure that only authorized individuals have access to sensitive data. This is critical because unauthorized access to sensitive data can lead to data breaches and compliance violations.
Everyone knows it can be a pain to look through files and decide what to keep and what to discard. Automation will help you retain the information you need and dispose of expired information in a defensible manner. Compliance regulations often require organizations to retain data for a specific period of time. Failing to retain data for the required period of time can result in compliance violations, while retaining data for too long can create unnecessary risks. We’ll help you manage this process by identifying when data needs to be retained and when it can be safely disposed of.
Information Lifecycle Automation Objectives
This is what we’ll do during this Compliance Accelerator to get your compliance and governance running as seamlessly as possible:
- Automatically apply Data Loss Protections based on content Sensitivity Labels: Using the labels we’ve identified regarding sensitive data in your organization, we will set up automatic protections to keep your data safe without any hassle on your part.
- Use Trainable Classifiers to automatically classify content: You won’t need to spend time classifying and organizing your data. We can automate that too!
- Assign Retention and Disposition policies to content classifications: We’ll then use your classifications to create appropriate policies to retain or dispose of material based on your need and preference.
- Map your Information Lifecycle requirements back to your Governance Strategy: If you created an Information Governance Strategy with us, we will tie your information lifecycle actions back to your strategy, ensuring cohesive and comprehensive management of compliance and governance.
- Automate periodic reviews to data policies to provide the process and validation loop for Regulatory Compliance: You can be confident that over time, your compliance will remain in good standing. We’ll apply automated reviews to your policies periodically in order to catch any changes and validate that your governance is functioning as it should.
We can handle implementation for you and/or train your employees on automation or any other recommended actions from our Compliance Accelerator series. We’re dedicated to providing custom-fit services that are right for your company. If you’d like to get this conversation started, don’t hesitate to reach out to us.